Thursday, November 5, 2009

Struggle...

So I am jumping on the bandwagon and declaring it "Thanks Giving" Month. Each day I pledge to write something that I am thankful for and why...I am a bit behind in the calendar, so here are a few (5 if you would like to keep track) to catch me up. In no particular order.
  • I am thankful for my health. With all the scares of swine flu, the unknowns that can befall us and change our lives in a blink and day to day ails, I am thankful for a healthy body that allows me to work and keep up with my kids.
  • I am thankful for my Religion. I have been struggling to find the positive in many small aspects of my life lately, and really leaned on my faith to get me through. Yes, I still struggle...daily. But I can remember to breathe in and out, put one foot in front of the other and make myself KNOW that everything will be alright. If not immediately, then eventually.
  • I am thankful for my job. I work with an organization that is family oriented and am allowed the privlege to bring my girls to work with me. I am there for, and don't miss out on; snack time, lunch time, nap time, and when needed, ouchie time. It is a blessing, that when it is required I work, I have this opportunity.
  • I am thankful for my home. We were being looked after this last year in being able to purchase our first home. I love it and thank those who helped us get in it each and every day. My girls have a yard, the Red Flame has a shop, and I have an office! It may get cluttered alot faster than our little apartment did, but it is worth every bit.
  • I am thankful for our mini-van. We took the plunge and were able to purchase a mini-van. I'm not sure if I just feel like more of a mom in it, or if I just like the fact the doors open on thier own with a push of a button. Maybe it is the radio that works like a CHARM! (a welcomed sound as I think the girls were getting a bit tired of my singing).

So there you have it. I am caught up for the month and will have another item for my thankful list tomorrow. Maybe if your'e lucky, I can have some pics to go along with it.

Go ahead, make a list of your own. It's amazing to find that once you stop and think about it...you are thankful for an awful lot.

No comments: