Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can't be

A post without pics, but one that had to be recorded and transferred from my memory to paper. Albeit before I forget with the hectic day to day life how it went, what exactly was said and how she is growing up WAY too fast right before my eyes...

We got our carpet cleaned the other day and told the girls they could not walk on it until it was dry. We made a game out of it with slippers and many a Mom and Dad holding girls with the more than normal frequency of trips to the bathroom for potty breaks, for water, a snack, etc. Well our little miss Sofia could not quite resist the temptation to touch down on the wet carpet and started to walk on it. When I told her, "Maka! You can't walk on the carpet with your bare feet kiddo." She looked up at me with utter astonishment that I would make such a blunder and said, "But mama, they're not BEAR feet...they're GIRL feet."

I stood corrected.

Now it can't be that I am the only Mom who hears stuff like this come out of thier child's mouth and think that it is priceless. But to me, it really was.

No comments: