So a few weeks ago I was asked to talk in our Visiting Teaching combined conference. Between you and me? I think they were targeting me as I was not very "effective" at V.T. as my comp moved and I kind of slacked. I did my job and talked about it, a very different view point and am sure that some who were there barely listened and were surprised at my words. Some may not have been at all impressed but at the end, I felt the spirit and knew it was what I needed to say. I did bring up an experience that I thought was family Blog worthy.
A few weeks ago at church I was taking Sofia to nursery and she was skipping along. All the sudden she stopped and looked at one of the pictures we have on the walls of our building and looked up, pointed and said, Look Mama, it's Jesus. Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ Amen! She then continued to skip along to nursery. Well it left a wake of people around us who had heard the little one with watery eyes. We all witnessed the most simple of all testimonies. It showed us even a three year old can have a testimony. A testimony of Christ.
I shared this in the VT conference today and hope that at least that was heard. I look toward this moth as a time to take a moment and remember. Remember what were here for. Remember what we did to make it here. Remember what we need to do to make it back. From the mouths of babes...Today, my three year old taught me a lesson. Thank goodness I was paying attention.
a story for Margaret
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment